Show and Tell…Kitchen Storage

Kitchen (after) pantry

This is a special post due to a comment I received from Carol at http://cas-anoasisinthedesert.blogspot.com/ She asked,” What is the cupboard/doorway above the pantry?” in my latest post, And then there was a kitchen…Well this was a great idea my husband had when we knew we would be replacing the back door leading to the porch. It was damaged and I wanted a french door, so we salvaged the old door (lower section) using it for a new storage area in the top section of the pantry. The original corner pantry had a ceiling of 11’2″ and was not accessable, so it was wasted space. In these old houses there is never enough storage space, so a hole had to be cut in the wall above the pantry, he installed a light , floor and the modified door and “voila!”, additional storage. He is a very clever man. Old Kitchen Door

Kitchen door after

custom storage above pantry

The extra storage area is used mostly for seldom used small appliances, decorative Christmas dishware etc. Yes, it can only be accessed using a ladder but if I ask nicely, my wonderful husband helps me out and I get to enjoy the view….

gathering kitchen appliances

Oh honey, please get me the punch bowl… and the roaster… oh and the juicer….etc. etc. etc.

Please always feel free to ask me questions anytime, I love hearing from you and maybe you will receive a special post too, Thanks Carol

• Carol April 20, 2013, 10:40 am

Thanks for sharing the info and the link to my blog. If I had ventured a guess, it would have been a clever and much prettier access to attic space. I think this was a marvelous idea!

• Cindy April 20, 2013, 5:13 pm

Your welcome and thanks again 😀

• the Painted Apron April 23, 2013, 7:14 am

Love the glass transom and new door, very pretty! Your husband didn’t consider the time he’d spend on the ladder when he got his brilliant storage ideas!

• Cindy April 23, 2013, 11:01 am

Thanks for lovin’ our back door. No, I try to only store things up there that I use very seldom, once or twice a year, climbing that ladder can be dangerous….Love your paintings…

• sonyabeyondthescreendoor April 23, 2013, 10:34 pm

What a great little storage space! Love the new look of this space and that ceiling!!! Awesome!

• Cindy April 23, 2013, 10:53 pm

Thanks, so glad you stopped for a visit, Sonya, my husbands idea for that storage and he did do an awesome job on the ceiling. His neck still hurts everytime he looks at it so he truly appreciates the comments as well. Thanks again

• dukan diet receives September 20, 2014, 12:52 am

After I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me
    when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I receive
    4 emails with the same comment. There has
    to be an easy method you can remove me from that service? Thank you!

• Cindy September 26, 2014, 8:48 am

Hi there, I currently do not know how to correct this issue but I will try to find out. When you receive the email does it not have a link to unsubscribe?